Tuesday, January 6, 2009

God has been so good to us and faithful to us in 2008!
Here is a recap!

1. We had the opportunity to start the year off in New York City! This was amazing, but freezing!
2. Jeff was hired as the Head Football Coach at Greene County Tech High School in his hometown.
3. I was accepted into the graduate program at ASU & started school in the summer.
4. After many sleepless and tearful nights I managed to come away with all A's my first two semesters.
5. I feel I have made my lifestyle a lot healthier over the last year.
6. We were excited to welcome our nephew Dallas into the world & to find out he is going to be a big brother!
7. Found a Bible believing Church & great group of friends there!
8. Found a small part time job I enjoy at the health club here.
9. Our house hasn't sold, yet God still has provided some friends to rent it.
10. Our marriage has been forced to grow stronger through Christ.
11. We celebrated 5 years of marriage in July.
12. Jeff had a great start to his coaching career!
13. Jeff was named the COACH OF THE YEAR for Northeast AR!
14. We have an amazing family that loves us and helps us out when we need it.
15. Last but not least my faith has grown so much over the last year!


Things I want for 2009:
1. To be more disciplined in my walk with Christ and spending more time in the Word!
2. I want Not to waste my time so much with TV & worldly things
3. Encourage others and lift them up in anyway I can
4. Finish Grad school with a 4.0
5. Graduate in December then go on vacation
6. Have a job lined up for January of 2010
7. Want to lose 5 lbs
8. Cheer my husband's football team on to 10 or more victories
9. I want to be a servant
10. Print photos off that currently set on my desktop
11. Begin & finish Jeff's scrapbook
12. Go shopping and find some sweet deals on a lot of things
13. I want to pride myself in finding and cooking healthy meals for my family
14. I want to be a lot healthier
15. I want to exemplify the Fruits of the Spirit!

Happy New year to my Friends and Family ~ if any of you are reading this! I am sure I have lost many readers due to my neglect of this blog lately! I do have lots of holiday photos I will put up soon!
Love & miss you all!
Melissa

8 comments:

Charity said...

I heart New York too! Good for you for getting healthy and for keeping your grades up! You set high goals for yourself and meet them! I hope your 2009 is as great as your 2008!

Tracy Purdy said...

You haven't lost me lady! Glad you updated!!! What a great list! Miss you!

Superchikk said...

I am proud of you! I can't wait to see you guys again - I miss you terribly!

Melissa Conaway said...

Thanks girls! You are all so sweet!

Julee said...

Thanks for the prayer! You are so sweet! Glad you updated and I hope this semester gets off to a good start. I am still praying for your house to sell!

Amanda said...

Hey! Thank you for such a sweet comment on my page! I was happy to hear how you guys were doing and glad you updated! :) Girl you have so much to be proud of!

~~Amanda

Anonymous said...

Melissa! Just read your blog and it's fun to catch up and read what God has been doing in your life! Kevin went to ASU and lived in NEA (Blytheville to be exact) and has many memories there! I also had a good friend that went to Paragould - actually know several people. So proud of your hubby being named coach of the year...so glad you're doing well! Love ya!

Landscape Contractors Tustin said...

Thanks for thiis blog post