Monday, January 26, 2009

Fever (not to worry though)

Due to some serious ice storm we are supposed to be getting this evening through Wednesday morning, my class this evening was canceled...so I decided I would do a little blogging!

I have been praying for so many friends that are pregnant right now or just have had a baby or giving baby showers; that one can't help but get THE BABY FEVER! It is crazy how many people I know that are growing or starting their families! It is so much fun to see what my friends kids turn out like and to hold them and all...that is until they spit up...then I am done. I get this overwhelming urge to throw up as well. The urge is almost unbearable (lots of gagging takes place in those moments)! This confirms how unready I really am for kiddos!

Getting the baby fever just makes me sit and think what if and all that jazz...then reality hits.........I'm in grad school and living with my mother & father-n-law!!!!!!! So, obviously not a good time right now!

However, I can't wait to be a mom! It is exciting to dream about feeling life inside me, hearing the baby cry and know what to do, to think about what their first words will be and see their face as they explore life, to hear he/she sing praises to Jesus, to hear them pray to ask Jesus to save them, to teach them how to serve Jesus, to take them to their first day of school, to make craft projects with them and to hear their sweet little voices say I love you mommy & daddy...I can't wait! One of these days (when I'm out of school) I want to experience these things. It is something that I never thought I was made for but God has placed that desire so strongly in my heart that I know he created me to be a mommy!

My prayer now, for the future is that God would create me to be more like a Proverbs 31 woman and more like Him! That I will have a quiet, soft spirit; one that seeks HIS face daily and has an abundance of FAITH even on the hard days this earth brings! I want to be spiritually prepared to be the best mommy I could ever be and show my children what it means to LOVE & SERVE our MIGHTY GOD! I want to be the salt & the light for those I come in contact with every day! I have so far to go with my spiritual condition; however, God is working in me NOW! I am so excited to see what all God is going to do through me this year! I am also praying to be more mindful of those around me who do not know Jesus & His amazing love for them!

Let me hear from you, tell me if you have the fever or if your pregnant or have been tell me about your experiences being pregnant! This will be fun!

I guess I should say all of this has come about because two of my very best friends are pregnant right now...one just called last week to tell me she is pregnant and my sister-n-law is preggo as well as being surrounded by women in our Sunday school class that are pregnant or have had a baby within the last 4 or 5 months. Oh and two of my cousins are pregnant too! I think I'm just at the age when everyone is having babies! haha! It is pretty comical! So, you can't blame me right!??

I have such a busy week ahead of me, but I hope to be able to post some photos this week to recap our Holidays.

Blessings to ALL of you this week!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only get the fever when I'm around a sweet little baby OR around adorable baby clothes OR really wish I had a baby so I didn't have to work! HA!

Superchikk said...

You've probably heard waaaay too many of my pregnancy/baby stories, but you know I'll share more when it's your turn! And you know I don't pull any punches...you'll get the real truth here!

Josh and Kate said...

You've been with me through both my pregnancies so you probably remember all that. However, now I'm in the toddler stage and enjoying a break from the baby-baby stage. (Can you believe Peyton will be old enough to start K-4 at Shiloh this fall?!) However, I'll always be here to answer any questions you may have when it's your turn! Can't wait!

P.S. Tell John hi for us. =)

Melissa Conaway said...

You guys may be waiting a while! Kristin - I know & feel all that you do! Mel - I think you may be part of the reason...haha...love your stories & truthfulness! Kate - I can't believe you are not ready to have another! Especially since McKale just had Tate! Haha, I will tell John hello for you!!

Ashley Scott...Oh the Randomness said...

Let's see...I'm now 27 weeks pregnant with 13 to go and I have had a great pregnancy. I never got the baby fever so much. I guess God just decided it was our time. We have caight the fever since we found out though, and it seems like every conversation Joe and I have somehow revolves around Beckett. Being pregnant is undescribable really-not because its so good or so bad, its just an experience that you don't really understand until you are having it. I am looking forward to the next 3 months and meeting my son. I hear that's about the best life can get!

Baker Family said...

I have absolutely loved being pregnant, it seems to get better every week! Being able to see Reed move from the outside is so amazing! We only have 11 weeks to go...I can't believe it!

Amanda said...

I know it is hard not to get the fever when everyone is having babies! We are so excited and I love the "unplannedness" of the situation, but I had my moments of baby fever last year and stuff. Everyone says timing is never right anyway. Thanks for the comment last week! I'm at that point where I'm ready to be not pregnant. I can't wait until you're breaking the big news to us! Even if we have to wait awhile...you may have jinxed it though with your post! :) I hope ya'll are doing great
~~Amanda