Monday, September 22, 2008

A bunch of useless ramblings...

As a graduate student I am constantly exercising my brain so hard and every now and then I have a moment to just think of crazy things...I think they are crazy because I don't have time to be thinking about them. But another fellow grad student and I got to chatting about the things that we do that are so much alike and she is just like me! It is scary! Below are a few of the crazy things I have realized make me a crazy Type A personality!

As far as driving goes...I like it fast and furious! I have a need for speed, I feel like driving slow is a waste of time!

And I do not like to waste time! Unless I PLAN to waste time! I know, it doesn't make sense!

I'm not good with spur-of-the moment things, but am trying to get better! I feel like if it can be helped and you spring something on someone it is just rude. My dad always had a saying in our house, when my mom lost her keys or just couldn't locate them before the minute she had to be flying out the door...."poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" and I love that saying! Ha!

I have recently discovered that earplugs are amazing!!!!!!! For tests especially; however, I feel the need to sniff a lot when I have them in my ears! While testing the smallest things will drive me nuts; such as others sniffing, writing, tapping, breathing and the list goes on! I know it is ridiculous! That is my sister's fault!

I love sleeping in and taking Sunday afternoon naps!

No one does things like I want them done! This may be read as selfish; but I think I'm just crazy and my dad taught me this trait! If you want it done right, do it yourself!

I can't wait to have kids and I CAN wait all at the same time! I am scared for my life to change so drastically. I have seen so many friends go through this process and I just feel like the first 6 weeks are the most unglamorous! I would like to think that I can handle this whole process and not miss a beat! For instance, just have a child without all the medication and feel okay after the labor process is over and once released from the hospital be able to run with no problems and fit back into pre-pregnancy clothes and not to mention get the same amount of sleep! But I just have a feeling that if God chooses to bless us with children that he will teach me a thing or to about my Type-A personality! But at least you know some of the things I will be praying for along the way! Haha!

I know I am getting older and older because I find more things to be Type A about. I just wish I could go back to the carefree days of childhood.
That's it for tonight; just a bunch of useless ramblings. Trying to use my brain in a different way other than for school and therapy alone!

Oh and by the way, our GCT Golden Eagles brought home another win Friday night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I now know why I love you so much cause your just like me! HA! Thanks for making me smile tonight. I miss you.

Charity said...

That earplug idea is genious! I'm taking a big test in a couple of weeks, so i'll be packing earplugs. Thanks for the idea!

Ashley Scott...Oh the Randomness said...

...."poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

that's one of the best i've ever heard!! i think i'll post it on my office wall.

Tracy Purdy said...

I am with Ashley on that one. I love that saying! Miss you!