Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Please Pray!!!!!

Hey friends!!! It is with a heavy heart I ask you to pray for my cousin Bill! He & his family are in great need of any and all prayers possible.

Bill is my cousin Michelle's husband. They are a young couple that live in Jonesboro...they have three children. Their oldest Meghan just got married this year,Halie is in high school and the youngest Hanna is in jr. high. Bill has just been diagnosed with colon cancer and is in Houston undergoing many tests! They are trying to figure out how far the cancer has spread and now are concerned with the pancreas! Bill & Michelle are strong and they are trusting in God for a complete recovery as am I!

Below is a photo of a portion of our family this past Thanksgiving. Their family is the first four people on the bottom row from the left-hand side. (Bill, Halie, Michelle & Hanna...Meghan not in photo)

I know there are some mighty prayer warriors that read this blog and I ask you to please pray for Bill, his family & the doctors that are taking care of him!

I want my cousins to be able to experience more of this life with their father...to seek him for advice, to have him walk them down the isle and to just be able to give him hugs and kisses! I am a daddy's girl & know how special even a motorcycle ride with your dad can be and still enjoy those welcome home hugs when I visit!

So, THANK YOU for praying for Bill! Even if it is small...thank you! God knows what he needs, he just wants us to ask and seek Him!
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

I'll be praying. I also pray that everyone will get checked! March is actually colon cancer awareness month. If you have any worries, go see a doctor! The scope is not as scary as it seems. Been there, done that... and will be there again.

Meghan Phillips said...

Thanks Melissa and everyone else!

The Comptons said...

Praying, too, Melissa! Glad I found your blog! I enjoyed going back and reading some of your entries! Have a great weekend!

Mariah said...

I enjoyed reading your ppost